Monday, February 9, 2009

Flashmob!!

So I'm perusing CNN.com as usual and I find that on the top ten list of most read articles, there is an article featuring a hugely successful flashmob in London. For those who don't know, and I was unaware of the exact definition as well, a flashmob or flash mob according to urbandictionary.com, is "a group of people who appear from out of nowhere, to perfom predetermined actions, designed to amuse and confuse surrounding people. The group performs these actions for a short amount of time before quickly dispersing. Flash mobs are often organised through email and/or newsgroup postings."

Apparently, in imitation of this popular T-Mobile commercial:



... in which, spontaneous "flash mob" dancing occurs in the Liverpool Street Station, some guy organized a similar flash mob at the same station, except this time its silent dancing, with each person listening to their own Ipod. Anyway, in the CNN article they linked to a similar, albeit, smaller flash mob that happened in Taipei!! during Chinese New Year. Read it here:


Needless to say, I'm sad that I missed out on the fun but I'm glad that Taipei gets recognized for even the silliest of things.

Also, in other news, I've been helping Rudy look for a new apartment for next year in Providence, which has been super fun! I love looking for new places and Providence is teeming with cute remodeled Victorians, some of them older than the state of Oklahoma! (Not that that's very difficult to accomplish!) Anyway, that's whats going on in my life! Please comment to say hi or if you're stopping by, leave me with your blog so I can check it out!

"Fidelity," by Regina Spektor.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

It is my destiny to form a Brown campus snowman building flash mob with the next big snow! :D

p.s. catchy song ;)

Kathleen Tso said...

Our senior class prank was a giant flashmob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXyYQfd4ZnU

at the 25 second mark you can see me in a yellow dress ^_^

StephanieAnn said...

Rudy, you should organize it! And that's so awesome kath! We never did a senior prank.. or not one that I was invited to!?!?!