Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fishy Business

So around my office, fish are all the rage. Almost everyone has a small little tank set up next to their computer with some fish. I, of course, had to get in on the trend, so when I came here one of the first things I did was buy a tank and some fish. Most people here raise guppies, most of them come from the same family. They breed so quickly that you can't give them away fast enough.

Well I wanted to break the trend a little, so I bought neon tetras and cardinal tetras. They're beautiful. But I also have two little boy guppies that a friend gave me. No females, I don't want a litter a baby guppies in two weeks. Also, I'm pretty sure these two guppies are in love with eachother, they won't leave eachother alone, it's precious.

Anyway, last week I thought that I should add some more fish so I bought an Endler guppy, which is so gorgeous, he is orange, black, and green. He looks sort of like an old 80s jazzercize ensemble. Anyway, little did I know, the cute little thing has started schooling with the tetras, which I'm pretty sure is out of its character but I love it anyway. I also want some of those fish that suck on the glass so it can clean some of my algae away. I've found them at a store but I've been too lazy to make my way to the store before work. That would require me to wake up at 6 a.m. which I'm still unwilling to do.

I'll have to post some pictures of my tank when I remember! For now, here is a picture of the tank when I first got it back in September, keep in mind it has changed a ton since then.

No comments: