Friday, March 27, 2009

Mexican food, waffles, and basketball



Pictures are courtesy of my friends.  My past weekend consisted of going to Danshui, a town on the coast of the Pacific ocean, to check out a popular Mexican restuarant called Eddy's Cantina.  I had a really good quesadilla with surprisingly a little too much cheese, or perhaps my taste buds are getting acclimated to Taiwan's flavors.   Afterwards we walked around the night market where my friend played a dart game and won me that Spongebob inflatable toy!  Really random, I know.  Even more random was that we were obligated to take several group pictures with Spongebob before I could stash him into my purse.  

Later that night we went back into Taipei to check out a really famous waffle place called Coffee Alley in the Eastern district (an increasingly popular upscale area of Taipei).  The waffles were great, I had the pictured strawberry waffles, although after I finished my strawberries, I could have used some syrup to finish off the rest of the waffles. 

Anyway, the next day, a bunch of us got together to play basketball at the National Taiwan University basketball courts.  For the first two hours, Yicheng and I just watched while the guys played 3 on 3 with some strangers and then afterwards we got to play 3 on 3, except it was an easy version with a 10 year old kid!  It was a lot of fun, I ended up jamming a finger but I also made a lot of baskets!!  So yay for random weekends of Mexican food, waffles, and basketball.  

6 comments:

Tiffany Diane said...

I'm glad it sounds like you are having a better time over there, or at least making an effort to. When I read these, they remind me of the e-mails Daddy would send us chronicling his little journeys in Taiwan, haha. Appears that we are just a family of bloggers, really.

Miss you,
Tiff

StephanieAnn said...

haha, yea kind of.. i miss you too! be back soon though!

Leon Koh said...

beautiful picture of you and your friends

I love taiwan.. do you think its possible to get a homestay at some coutnry side with great scenery for about a week?

lovely blog

Leon

StephanieAnn said...

thanks leon!

Regarding homestay in Taiwan, I bet it is possible, however I don't personally know how to go about getting something like that. I bet a little bit of internet browsing would help or perhaps there might be an ad you could put up for that on tealit.com

good luck!

joanh said...

ahh.. you made it to Eddy's Cantina... sorry to have missed you since you seem to have finished your trip to Taiwan.. but hope my food blog helped you find places to eat while you were here!

MW said...

Wow, you can get Mexican food there??

http://www.onlinedating.tw/